- General Description
- Program Learning Outcomes
The department was established in 1996.
Bachelor's Degree in Business administration is awarded to the graduates who have successfully completed all courses in the curriculum.
Level of Qualification:
Specific Admission Requirements:
The general requirements are explained in "General Admission Requirements" are applied for admission of students.
Qualification Arrangements for Recognition of Prior Learning (Formal, Non-Formal and Informal):
The rules and regulations for recognition of formal prior learning are well defined. Transfer can made among the institutions of which equivalence is recognized by Higher Education Council. Also successful vocational school graduates to continue their education to obtain First Cycle degrees if they are successful in the selection and the placement examination (DGS, i.e. vertical transfer examination) are admitted. The courses to be taken by these students are determined by the relevant department, on the basis of courses they have completed in the programs from which they have graduated.
Recognition of prior non-formal and in-formal learning is at the beginning in Turkish Higher Education Institutions. Yeditepe University and hence of Department is not an exception to this.
Qualification Requirements and Regulations:
Students must obtain a grade point average of at least 2.00 out of 4.00 and successfully pass all courses on the programme (equivalent to a total of 240 ECTS).
Profile of the Programme
The goal of the Business School at Yeditepe University is to educate students to be successful in their fields by acquiring information and skills which will enable them to build careers that match the demands of the 21st century. We have designed a curriculum to meet the demands of contemporary work places. Our vision is the global effectiveness of our students who can work in a variety of public and private organizations.
Objective: Our objective is to prepare our students, to function effectively in a rapidly changing global environment that requires continuous learning, analytical thinking and strategic management.
The department has 4 Professor, 8 Associate Professor, 3 Assistant Professor, 4 Instructors, 2 Research Assistant for full-time.
The business students gain a generalist orientation coupled with an individually chosen specialized focus in such areas as Management, Finance, Accounting, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management, Marketing, Operations Management, Entrepreneurship, E-commerce and Information Technology Management. Furthermore, students are furnished with the knowledge, and ability for both conducting and evaluating research projects in the field of management and organization at our computer laboratories. The students have the opportunity to join numerous ERASMUS and exchange programs, and they may participate in different academic programs of international universities situated both in Europe and USA.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates with Examples
Our graduates are educated and trained as professionals with qualifications that are required in all sectors in our continuously evolving and improving country. To provide this Business Administrations Department is has one of the most important work force with its team trained in banking, production and marketing, accounting and finance, advertising, human resources, procurements and other disciplines for the needs of both private and public sector .
Access to Further Studies
The graduates holding Bachelor's Degree are eligible to apply to Master's Degree programmes at national level and/or international level both in the same and in related disciplines.
Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading
Students are required to take a mid-term examination and/or complete other assigned projects/homework during the semester, and, additionally, are required to take a final examination and/or complete a final project for course evaluation. The assessment for each course is described in "Individual Course Description".
Graduation requirements are explained in the section "Qualification Requirements and Regulations".
Mode of Study (Full-Time, Part-Time, E-learning)
Address, Program Director or Equivalent
Prof. Dr. Dursun Arıkboğa
Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
Business Administration Department, Department Head
19. Students should understand the interdependency and interrelationship among disciplines, be able to relate and synthesize knowledge from diverse disciplines and draw novel conclusions.
17. Students should be able to think critically, utilize conceptual and applied knowledge in the area of business administration and the specialization areas (management and organization, accounting and finance, information technology, operations management and marketing) to analyze an organizational environment, understand organizational processes, identify relationships among system components, diagnose underlying problems and make recommendations.
18. Students should be able to use the concepts, theories and methodologies of the area of business administration in order to employ the appropriate tools and techniques to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, interpret results, draw inferences and propose solutions.
Ability to Work Independently and Take Responsibility
1.Students should possess the sufficient knowledge, discipline and responsibility to be able to conduct independent study/ project/research and a comprehensive research and/or project report.
6. Students should understand that the rapidly-evolving dynamics of national and global environments requires flexible thinking, adaptability, and the ability to formulate innovative solutions to pursue a successful career.
10. Students should be able to effectively utilize computer, communication and information technologies commonly used in business administration and specialization areas (management and organization, accounting and finance, information technology, operations management and marketing).
15.Students should possess the essential body of knowledge in the area of business administration and the specialized areas (management and organization, accounting and finance, information technology, operations management and marketing); including the state-of-the-art concepts, theories and models, historical evolution of the discipline, the scientific methodology in general, and the research tools and techniques utilized in their discipline, in particular. Students should know how to access, select and effectively utilize sources of knowledge in the business administration area for further development.
4. Students should be able to critically evaluate the body of knowledge in the fast changing global business administration arena and the specialization areas (management and organization, accounting and finance, information technology, operations management and marketing), assess self-competency, and direct self-learning efforts accordingly.
5.Students should understand the importance of life-long learning and self assessment to maintain their personal and professional development.
Communication and Social Capability
7. Students should be able to effectively communicate in written or oral English with people from diverse backgrounds, and should have the English proficiency to follow and interpret the global dynamics that shape the business administration and the specialization areas (management and organization, accounting and finance, information technology, operations management and marketing).
8. Students should be able to clearly and effectively convey their knowledge, ideas, research, and conclusions supported with relevant data, in national/international interdisciplinary academic and professional settings in Turkish or in English.
9. Students should understand the importance of respect for individual and cultural diversity, and should be able to emphatically interact with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds in social and professional settings.
Area Specific Capability
2.Students should be able to fulfill their responsibility in teams and projects in businesses as well as being able and capable to act as a leader.
3. Students should be able to design and plan projects to achieve organizational goals and objectives and/or improve organizational performance.
11. Students should understand the standards of personal, professional and social ethics, evaluate the ethical implications of various practices related to the area of business administration, and have awareness of the importance of ethical behavior in adding value to society.
12. Students should understand the personal, social and ecological dimensions of social responsibility and have the awareness that being socially responsible is an active citizenship duty of each and every individual.
13. Students should know that universality of social rights and social justice are the principle components of contemporary society and that scientific thinking in essential prerequisite for maintaining social advancement and global competitiveness.
14. Students should understand the importance of quality, safety and health management, corporate social responsibility, personal, professional and cross-cultural respect and professional ethics in maintaining organizational sustainability.
16. Students should grasp core theories and concepts in the academic disciplines closely related with business administration and the specialization areas (management and organization, accounting and finance, information technology, operations management and marketing); such as law and economics, and understand the global dynamics that shape their discipline.
Teaching and Learning Methods
Teaching and learning methods and strategies are chosen to improve the student's skills such as self learning, life-long learning, observation, teaching others, presentation, critical thinking, team working and IT. Also, to achieve a better learning with students having different learning styles, the program is supported by convenient methodologies given below*
(*)Depending on the course specifications, one or more teaching and learning methods might be implemented
Please click on the link below for further details;