International Trade and Business is a rapidly developing multidisciplinary research field that is a result of the Global Age we live in. The aim of our field is to understand and analyze the processes and problems of the new global order created by Economic Globalization. Economic Globalization refers to the increase in relations between countries through international trade and capital movements over the past forty years. The main underlying factor behind this increase is rapid advancements in technology. On the one hand, new financial techniques and instruments create a global banking and financial system, while on the other hand, new production techniques, business models, and employment forms lead to a more integrated world economy. To the extent that a small change in the interest rate made by the United States due to its domestic policies can affect global financial markets. Similarly, the impact of the United States imposing taxes on a product imported from any country (such as China) can be reflected on numerous countries (for example, all of Europe or Southeast Asian countries) due to these complex connections. Globalization, as seen, presents challenges for our country in terms of economic, technological, political, and cultural dimensions, but at the same time, it also brings opportunities. Therefore, it is of great importance to examine and understand Economic Globalization in order to overcome these challenges and take advantage of the opportunities.
As a developing country, Turkey's ability to become an important player in this process depends on setting clear long-term and short-term goals and objectives (vision and mission) and updating them according to changing conditions. One of the most important elements in this process is for Turkey to have a well-educated workforce (human capital).
In this context, the aim of the International Trade and Business Department at Yeditepe University is to educate managerial candidates equipped with the necessary knowledge and techniques to understand and analyze this complex economic and social order, and who can operate in almost every sector, be it national or international. Our graduates embrace the values of their own countries, respect universal values, aim to constantly improve themselves, and contribute to their surroundings.
As the largest department of our Faculty of Commerce, we offer a contemporary and modern education and training program.
We can list the main features of our program as follows:
- A program that is regularly updated in parallel with national and international developments.
- We provide our students with education and diplomas that are compatible with the Bologna System and international standards.
- In addition to English, students are required to learn a Second Foreign Language (German, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese).
- Students can plan their education according to their areas of interest through Compulsory, Departmental Elective, and Free Elective course groups.
- Wide range of opportunities for Double Major and Minor programs.
- Opportunity for education in Europe through the Erasmus Program and the possibility of teaching with European students who come to our department through the Erasmus Program.
- We provide students with the opportunity to gain experience in the business world and perhaps find employment after graduation through the Compulsory Internship program.
- In our Finance Laboratory, where real-time market and company data are used, we offer students the opportunity to develop knowledge and experience in financial analysis and techniques.
- Close collaboration between students and faculty members through Consultancy Services.
- Opportunity to participate in social activities in addition to International Trade, Finance, and Logistics Clubs, through around 40 Student Clubs at the university.